The Media Minute was created to provide an opportunity for anyone who wishes to discuss media in a broad or detailed manner, with respect to differing opinions or interpretations. Please feel free to submit your thoughts and ideas.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

What TV Show Can't You Live Without?

You know the day of the week, the time, the network, and all the characters by name. You try to convince your friends it's THE best show on tv, and update them the following morning on what happened. It's the tv show you can't live without.

For me, it's half the weekly schedule. Chuck, American Idol, Psych, Burn Notice, 24, 24!, The Mentalist, Shark Tank - if these shows are on, I'm at home. They run our lives, dictate our daily schedules, decide if we make dinner or pick up something on the way home.

So, what is your can't-live-without-show, and why does it drive you insanely crazy if you miss it?

2 comments:

  1. Chris, I haven't missed a show since I got DVR.

    The only show I care about right now is Spectacle, Elvis Costello's music and talk show on Sundance. It's the only thing I actually try to watch in real time.

    It has been years since I cared about anything on network TV, though I do watch the various CSI shows occasionally.

    My favorite shows in recent years: Mad Men (AMC), Dexter (Showtime), The Shield (FX). Going back a few more years, Huff, Deadwood, Oz, Sopranos.

    I think you can see the pattern. I don't watch TV news at all, and I only tune into to late night shows on the rare occasions that a band I like is playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to someone I know I am now addicted to 24 and Burn Notice! If only The Mole came on again . . . sigh . . . And, don't forget Big Brother!

    ReplyDelete